Monday, January 2, 2017

Paglilingkod!

Happy New Year everybody!! 

It was a LOUD weekend here in the Philippines. Very loud haha and lots of food!! Also lots of miracles. Sister A passed her baptismal interview and will be baptized this weekend! :) Woohoo! She has such a sweet, strong testimony. She told us she is not being baptized because her boyfriend is a member but because she has felt the Spirit testify to her that this is all true!! She is always reading and praying and we are so thankful for her seeking soul and sincere heart!

Celebrating the New Year!


We have occasional days without electricity since the typhoon a couple weeks ago
I have been studying a lot in Mosiah this week, specifically King Benjamin's address. I love these first chapters in Mosiah! The word "masaya" in Tagalog means happy so my companion and I call the book of Mosiah the "most happy book" haha they kinda sound a like. I really love Mosiah 5:13, "For how knoweth a man the master whom he has not served, and who is a stranger unto him and is far from the thoughts and intents of his heart?" This verse has really been on my mind lately along with the word "paglilingkod" or "service!" I know with all my heart the way we come to know the Master is through serving Him. I am so thankful to have this time to serve my Savior with everything I have. I have truly come to know Him through serving Him. And every sacrifice or trial I face here in the Philippines, my love for Him grows stronger. 

I was amazed by the service we saw in so many faithful members of the church here in Lipa this week. True disciples! We went to the neighborhood of our favorite Nanay (the one with orange hair who chastised the relief society a couple weeks ago) because we have some investigators there. In the heat of the sun we saw our 85 year old friend sweeping her whole road! When we walked up to help her she quoted the scriptures and said, "When you are in the service of your fellow men you are only in the service of your God!" She is so awesome. So we helped her finish cleaning up the road and then she introduced us to all her neighbors who she has given Book of Mormons to! We now have lots more investigators, all because of one member! What a great example of true conversion. 
Our favorite Nanay sweeping the street!
I encourage all of you to serve!! Come to know your Master and feel of His love :) I LOVE all of you so, so much!! Have a great new year! :)


Love, 
Sister Giles 
Elder Limb, one of my original batch to come to the Philippines. He has been serving as my cousin's companion in Lopez. Fun to bump into him!

Lipa Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment