Tuesday, January 17, 2017

The Sabbath is a Delight

Helloooo everybody! 

What a great week. Baptism of Sister A, MLC, fast Sunday and so many miracles! Sister A was glowingggg in white and it was such a beautiful day!! She has the strongest testimony. We know her bright light will bring her family and friends into the church also. 


Along with the ups, we also had some downs this week. 2 of our really progressing investigators planning on being baptized told us they were no longer interested in being taught because of opposition from family and friends..hard to hear. And I was hit with some sickness but no worries, all is well and nothing can stop the work! We know God has a plan for those 2 great sisters. 

I'm also thankful for the downs because it makes the ups so much higher and brighter! Like the V family reading the Book of Mormon, attending church and preparing to be baptized as a complete family! And Brother R working sooo hard to overcome smoking and drinking so he can feel closer to his Savior! And a powerful testimony from a returning less active member yesterday who chose not to be offended by the judgments of fellow members and is applying the Atonement into her life! And the G family who have gone through sooo many trials but are trusting in the Lord and seeing small blessings. Sister G is now a single mom of 10 small children, they lost their house and just lots of other things. But we have seen the ward pick them up and wrap them in loving arms! 

I just want to share with all of you how much I love the Sabbath Day. I just felt so spiritually refreshed! Taking the Sacrament every week brings so much hope and light into my week. I am also so thankful for the power of fasting and the extra spiritual power it can bring into our lives. Yesterday there was a confirmation, baby blessing, lost of investigators being fellowshipped and feeling the Spirit, and powerful testimonies! I love Isaiah 58:13 and that phrase there, "Sabbath a delight"! I pray all of us can set aside our worries and personal desires on Sunday, align our will with God's will and feel the JOY that comes from worshiping Him! 

This Gospel is so beautiful. I love being a missionary more and more every day. I love this land of miracles and my Savior, Jesus Christ. I love the Sabbath Day!! Mahal na mahal ko kayo!!!

Sister Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment