Monday, August 29, 2016

Loving Lipa!!!

Hello everybody!

Another great week!! I love Lipa! Of course..missing Lucena, but change is good like my Dad likes to say :) My comp is the bestttt. Cute Sister Labisa. This area is a huge city! It feels like LA but the Philippines version haha! It's different from my past areas but I really love it. So many McDonald's and a Burger King! I was shocked, it's been so long haha. It's also pretty cool here at nights and I'm lovinggg it!

My new city, I love it!
My new roommates

I am just amazed by these Filipino people every day. They inspire me so much!! We had a lesson with a less active sister yesterday and she really opened up to us about sooo many problems in her life she has been dealing with and the depression she has felt.  We were able to share our testimonies of God's never changing love and the Holy Ghost. We taught her about how she is able to always have the Spirit with her as a guide, comforter and best friend! I just felt the Spirit testifying so strongly of God's love for His daughter and the reality of the gift of the Holy Ghost. As a mission we have really been studying the Holy Ghost and I have learned so much. I encourage everybody to thank your Heavenly Father for the gift of the Holy Ghost and then live worthy to always have him guiding you and helping you. 

I am just so thankful to be here in the Philippines doing the Lord's work. I don't really know how to describe how much I love my mission. The miracles I see everyday have changed me and truly made me so deeply grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and His Atonement. I love you all so so much! Thank you for the prayers and support. Remember that God has a plan for every single one of children. Mahal ko kayooooo!

Love, 
Sister Giles 
Cleaning the Elder's apartment after the area was closed :(

No comments:

Post a Comment