Monday, August 15, 2016

Binyag ni K!!

Another great week here in Lucena!! Brother K is baptized!! :) It was a beautiful service. He bore the strongest testimony after and said he was just so happy and he knew he made the right decision :) His family is now completed! He said he is planning on serving a mission and being Bishop one day haha! We will be friends forever, he is just the best. He also invited a ton of his friends to his baptism and we are teaching them all next week. And his cousin, Brother A, is scheduled to be baptized next month. I hope I stay in this area forever..it has my heart!!

K and some of his friends that we are excited to teach!
 Update on some of our other friends. Sister Ch is still the cutest and so strong. We are working with some great less active families. The P family was sealed in the temple but has gone less active the past year or 2. Sister is so strong and is now at church every week and reading the Book of Mormon! She is setting a great example for her 2 little boys and husband. Brother isn't showing much desire to come back but we are praying and working hard to make them a completed, active, eternal family again! Never underestimate the power of wives and mothers...I think Sister P will get him back soon :) I love less active work. I love these Filipina sisters strong examples to their families!!


Cute Sister Ch!


MJ, one of our investigators
I am still loving Filipino life! Sometimes it feels like camping..like when the water in our apartment always turns off or when I'm dripping sweat and have ants crawling on me. But honestly, I love it! I love being a Filipina for 18 months..only 6 months left and I don't want to talk about it... I love being Sister Giles. 


I was reading a great talk from President Monson this morning from the 2008 General Conference titled, "Joy in the Journey." He talks about how we should always find happiness despite changes and challenges. We should seize everyday and make it the best! He says, "Despite the changes which come into our lives and with gratitude in our hearts, may we fill our days with those things that matter most." Be thankful and fill your days with happy, fulfilling things. Embrace change and let it change you for the better. I love you all!! Have a great week!
Love, 
Sister Giles 
Zone Conference


No comments:

Post a Comment