Monday, September 5, 2016

Happy 1 Year and Merry Christmas!

Wow...one year down!! So crazy. Best year of my life. And it's about to be the best 6 months of my life!! I am loving my mission here in the Philippines. Sister Labisa and I are doing great here in Lipa. And since it's September it is officially Christmas time here, I loveee it! On September 1st the Christmas music started and decorations are being put out. 


On my year mark Sister Labisa and I went to MLC (missionary leadership council) in San Pablo and it was an amazing meeting!! President and Sister Mangum are so inspired. I feel so thankful to have this calling. The STL's and ZL's bought me a cake after to celebrate one year. :) It was my first MLC and Sister Labisa's last. She goes home soon so we are doing lots of English practice so she can pass her English test before she leaves. It is so fun haha we do lots of "English Class". 



This area is great! We are being fed a lot by really wealthy members and we have some amazingggg investigators!! One of them, Brother J, is the smartest investigator ever. He is 27 and asks a lot of questions. I've never met somebody who is seeking for the truth as much as he is. We were teaching him about prophets this week and he was having a hard time understanding why we need a prophet. I had a really amazing experience testifying to him that I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God and that we have a true, living prophet, Thomas S. Monson. I have come to not just believe it but know it here on my mission. I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true and original church established by Jesus Christ! I am so thankful to know we have a true prophet leading us today! I encouraged him to read a talk by President Monson, apply his teachings into his life and then wait for the result. I encourage all of you to do the same! Like it says in the Bible, by their fruits we shall know them. 
In our new apartment, j/k a member's beautiful home!


I love the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ!! I love my mission and I love these Filipino people so, so much! Even if I was pooped on by a couple lizards, lost power and water about 3 times this week, woke up sweating and had to take a shower outside...there is no place I'd rather be :) have a great week!!! mahal ko kayooo!

Love,
Sister Giles 
I eat "full Filipino" all the time now, it's great!

At the park for p-day
 

I miss swimming so, so much, but only 6 more months...


No comments:

Post a Comment