Monday, December 5, 2016

Pagpapakumbaba

The subject of my email means humility in Tagalog. No special reason it's just one of my favorite words and I thought you all might like it! 

Well, another great week!! Sister Uba and I have been really finding with faith this week and we saw miracles every single day. Like sweet sister E! We were tracting and she was sitting outside her house so we talked to her. She let us in and said she was so happy because her dad was baptized in the LDS church and always went to church but he had died and she had so many questions about "Mormons!" She has recently moved and has been reading the Bible and looking for an honest, Christian church close to her house. We answered her questions, taught her about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and she accepted a BGD!! (Baptismal Goal Date)

Sister Uba and I were feeling brave so we "tao po'ed" (knocked) at this hugeeee house and like 50 dogs started barking at us but we didn't back down! The sweetest lady came out who has also been wondering for a long time which church was true and she also accepted a BGD! 

Also do you remember that super sweet sister G we found a couple weeks ago? We had a chance to teach her and her husband and 2 daughters together and they have been also looking for a church to worship together as a family and they all accepted BGD's!! 

God is a God of miracles. As my companion and I have been striving to be exactly obedient, applying diligence all day and praying specifically and with faith- God is giving us amazing people to teach. They are all so prepared!! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!! 

I had an "I'm a Filipina" moment this morning when I was washing my clothes by hand, my companion was cleaning the fresh fish we just bought from a lady on the side of the road and we were speaking Tagalog hahaha! I never want to leave.

 
Also one more thing, I hope all of you back home are attending the temple regularly!! I miss the temple so much. You are all soooo blessed to have a temple so close. My sweet companion and her family were all converted in 2006, saved up money for a year and then in 2007 traveled from the very bottom of the Philippines to the Manila temple to be sealed forever as a family. I am truly inspired by these faithful Filipinos. Sister Uba told me that her family and a couple others traveling to be sealed prepared the Sacrament on Sunday, had FHE and sang hymns on the boat. Even though they don't have much money, they are so happy because they know they are an eternal family!! I hope all of us still have that same reverence and commitment to temple covenants even if the temple is 10 minutes away. Have a great week!! Mahal na mahal ko kayo!!

Love, 
Sister Giles 

No comments:

Post a Comment