Monday, October 10, 2016

Kaligayahan sa pamamagitan ni Jesucristo! (Happiness through Jesus Christ!)

Magandang Hapon sa inyong lahat! Kumusta kayo?? (Good afternoon everyone, how are you?)

It has been a great week in Lipa. I loveee my new kasama (companion), Sister Uba. She is such a great missionary and I have already learned so much from her. She is 4'11 so I am feeling a little bigger and taller than normal hahaha! She is the cutest. 
My super cute and super small companion. She is a great missionary!
So obvious highlight of the week was General Conference! (They watched recordings a week later) I loved every second. We had some investigators come and they really enjoyed it also yeeheee! Sister A, a girlfriend of a member, is progressing sooo well. She has the sweetest, most receptive Spirit. She is 20 and she and her boyfriend are participating in some YSA activities too :) Please pray for Brother J. He has a great desire to be baptized and he continues to find answers to his questions through the Book of Mormon and church but he has a smoking addiction that is pushing back his baptismal goal date. He really has the desire to quit but he could use some extra prayers :) Also Sister M, a mom in her 40's, is just a rockstar. She participates in church and always reads the Book of Mormon and writes down her questions and thoughts. We were teaching word of wisdom to her (she loves coffee so it was a little hard to accept) but the Spirit just totally worked on her and she was like "I understand now. It's because God loves me!" So simple and so true! God gives us commandments because He LOVES US!! We show our love for Him by following them. 
Teaching Sister A in the beautiful home of one of our members
One of my favorite talks was by President Nelson about finding joy. We truly can find joy in any circumstance through Jesus Christ!! Our purpose in this life is to be happy and prepare to meet our Heavenly Father. I know that even in the hardest of times, we can be happy because that is what God's plan is. I will always remember my first couple weeks here in the Philippines..so hard! I don't think I would have described myself as a very happy go-lucky Sister Giles back then. But I was determined to find joy here on my mission so every morning, while taking a cold bucket shower with lizards and cockroaches around me, I would sing "There is Sunshine in My Soul Today!" Eventually, there really was sunshine in my soul. Even if sometimes I would sing through tears or be thinking very negative thoughts in my head while singing, the Savior picked me up, healed me and helped me find JOY!! Now I would describe myself as the happiest person ever and I even love those cold bucket showers! 

I hope you all have a great week and find lots of joy through living the perfect gospel of Jesus Christ. Mahal ko kayo!!

Love, 
Sister Giles 

No comments:

Post a Comment