Monday, October 24, 2016

Huwag Manghusga!

Hello po!! 

Another great, busy week! Heavenly Father is blessing this area so much with great investigators! We have 11 progressing investigators and we are nearly running to every appointment and getting them ready for binyag! (baptism) I still love this ward, area, and companion. Even more than last week :) 

On Friday we traveled to St. Tomas and worked with the sisters in that area. It was such a great day full of miracles. They are reopening so it has been a little tough but we found so many less-active members. I worked with Sister Hanipale from Tonga. Polynesians just make me so happy! We were walking and this pregnant sister stops us and says, "Jesus Christ? Mormons?" she seemed so shocked.  Turns out she was baptized 2 years ago in a different area in the Philippines but when she moved, she lost contact with the church. She has been praying to be lead to the church again. Right time, right place, doing the right thing! The Lord really does prepare our path as missionaries!! 

Sister Hanipale and I teaching together
On Saturday we set some time aside to find some less-active members in one of our areas and we were faced with so much rejection #missionlife but we still saw miracles. We were looking for a family and nobody seemed to know them (there are no real addresses you just ask around).  We were walking this street and got to this house and my companion and I both walked toward it and said "tao po!" (knock, knock) and it was the family we were looking for! It was honestly so cool. Let the Holy Spirit guide!

I just want to share with you all a little about one of our MIRACLE investigators Sister C. She is a single interior designer in her 30's, and is the most prepared person ever. She used to live with a member family and has a friend on a mission so she has been familiar with the church for a while. She got the missionaries number a while ago but wasn't interested until a couple weeks ago. She is so excited for her baptism on December 3, reading the Book of Mormon every night (she is in Alma), and is making friends and enjoying church. We have seen the gospel of Jesus Christ bring her so much peace and happiness. She struggles sometimes with feelings of loneliness but as she has learned to turn to her Savior, the Book of Mormon, lds.org and prayer, she has a new light about her!! She has taught me so much. One of the biggest lessons is we can never rush conversion. She has been reading and investigating on her own for a couple years but never felt ready. But NOW she is ready to make and KEEP baptismal covenants. Sometimes it's hard to trust the Lord's timing but I know He is in control and He is always performing miracles and preparing souls for the missionaries to teach. I love being an instrument in His hands!! 

Also I loved my personal study the other day in Mosiah 29. Verse 12 says, "Now it is better that a man should be judged of God than of man, for the judgments of God are always just, but the judgments of man are not always just." Huwag Manghusga! Judge not! We don't know people's hearts. I have been trying to apply this more in my life and seeing people with clear, non-judgmental eyes. I promise it makes you happier. 

Well that's all for the week friends. Wish I had more time but you will all just have to hear lots and lots of missionary stories when I'm home in 5 months!! Have a great week xoxoxo mahal na mahal ko kayo!!

Love, 
Sister Giles
My Wall
 

No comments:

Post a Comment