Monday, January 4, 2016

It was a happy, happy New Year!

Hello friends and family!

New Year's in the Philippines was so fun!! Definitely my favorite. On New Year's Eve we went to bed at 10:30 because we are obedient missionaries, and then woke up at 11:50, ate some food, counted down till midnight and all that fun stuff then went back to bed haha. Sister Guancia and Sister Gupit were so cute and made a big meal and decorated. We had a lot of fun!! Filipinos love New Year's and everybody was so friendly and offering us food.

New Year's Eve Celebration


















Transfers are next week so Sister Cornaby and I are getting sad :( We have become best friends and it's going to be so hard to get a new companion! But I know I will love my next comp just as much. I really hope I stay in Pakil. It feels like my second home and I really don't want to leave our investigators and members! But come what may and love it! One of our sweet investigators almost started crying when we told her one of us was going to get transferred next week. And she said the cutest prayer and said "Heavenly Father, Sister Giles isn't done with her training so she needs to stay in Pakil forever" haha I love her so much.

FHE with one of our favorite families!
We had a miracle yesterday!! One of our new investigators came to church! Sister Cornaby and I picked her up before church (normally our investigators say: "sorry sisters, next time na lang") but she was all ready in a dress with her cute 1-year old son in a new outfit! They are very poor so I know it was a huge sacrifice for them. I don't think I've ever smiled so big!! And she had a really good experience at church. 

Delicious dinner prepared by a sweet Branch member


I just want to share quickly that Heavenly Father is aware of each and every one of you! I know that He knows us individually and loves us more than we can comprehend. Lately, I feel like I have been seeing so many of my weaknesses and like I have sooo far to go before I become a good missionary. But I know that Heavenly Father loves and me and is proud of me. 

A New Year in this beautiful country!

There's a quote by Elder Callister that I really like that says something like, "God doesn't expect immediate perfection, but He does expect immediate progress." So at the start of 2016, remember that all God asks of us is improvement! I am going to strive hard to improve each day and I hope all of you will too! I love love love you all! Thank you for all the support and love. Happy New Year!

Love, 

Sister Giles 

No comments:

Post a Comment