Monday, December 28, 2015

Happy New Year!



Wow, what an amazing week!! Most meaningful, special Christmas ever. Skyping my family was obviously the huge highlight of this week!! I am so thankful everybody is doing so good. 



Christmas in Pakil was a lot of fun. Sister Cornaby and I had this system down for talking to people on the street. I would start talking to the little kids and giving them Christmas stickers and Sister Cornaby would talk to the adults and give them a pass-along card and offer to share a message. Everybody was so friendly and we were able to share a lot of messages about Jesus Christ! I love the Filipinos so much!! They are always so open to talk about their Savior and are the nicest, warmest people. We also exchanged a couple little gifts with Sister Gupit and Sister Guancia, it was so fun! I gave them some American money with their gift and they thought it was sooo cool, it was so cute! 
Christmas Dinner

Christmas Breakfast
  
We also had Christmas Zone Conference this week which was amazing. I love my mission president and his wife, President and Sister Mangum, sooo much. They are so wise and fun. I always learn so much from them. 
Zone Conference
We bought new dresses
I love my zone!

With Sister Mangum
My favorite gift this Christmas was the General Conference Liahona church magazine! I have reread each talk like 2 times already and wow, is it just me or was October General Conference the best thing ever? I encourage all of you to go back and read the talks or go over your notes from conference. I know the prophet and apostles are called of God. I know the revelation they receive is from our Heavenly Father, for all of us today! 



The scripture I ponderized (see general conf talks if you don't know what this is:)) this week was 2 Nephi 19:6, "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." I love this verse. I know Jesus Christ is all of those names and more. I love that He is referred to as the Prince of Peace. So much peace comes from centering our lives on Jesus Christ! I know that is true. 

I hope everybody has a happy, happy new year!! I am so excited for 2016 and the experiences, trials and growth I will have this year. I love you all!! Thank you for the support and prayers! 

Happy Holidays, 
Sister Giles 


My mom asked what grocery shopping was like, here are a few pics:







No comments:

Post a Comment