Monday, January 11, 2016

Transfers and so many miracles!

Wow, I don't even know where to start! This week was probably the best week of my mission so far. First- I'm staying in Pakil!! I am so so so so happy. I am going to miss Sister Cornaby so much but I've heard my new comp is a really fun and obedient Filipina so I know it will be great. Sis Cornaby and I have already shed some tears about saying bye on Thursday (that's a big deal for her, she never cries haha). 






I wish I had time to write about all of the experiences we have had this week. But I am so thankful to be staying here in Pakil. I know I have a big responsibility to apply all the things I've learned these past 12 weeks and keep the momentum going.



A local swimming pool where the kids were practicing the butterfly stroke!



One morning for exercise Sister Cornaby and I woke up early to hike this mountain in Pakil with one of our members, Jona. I had a moment of just pure joy when we were at the top looking over this beautiful area that I love so much, my amazing kasama (companion), and sweet Jona who was inactive and shy when we first got to Pakil but now is fully active and is preparing for a mission. Missionary work is truly the happiest, hardest, most important thing ever. Gosh, I just love being Sister Giles!
Our view of Pakil




Yesterday, we had so many less actives and investigators at church!! Huge miracle! It was our last Sunday together so Sister Cornaby and I were so thankful to see so many people. We are finally starting to see the fruits of our labors. After talking to literally hundreds of people each week, inviting and inviting some more, teaching tons of lessons and just working so hard even though we weren't seeing much progress- the miracles are coming! 

Matching kasama shirts




P-Day hike to a beautiful waterfall








One of the biggest miracles this week is that our investigator, Aela, is getting baptized!! She is a 15 year old who has been really active in the church the last couple months and really has a desire to be baptized. But her parents have always told her when she's 18 she can be baptized. But she told us for her 16th birthday wish she was going to ask her dad again. Sister Cornaby and I have been fasting and praying for her and her parents and they said yes!!! The day we went to teach her and she told us, she started crying because she was so happy then we started crying and we were all hugging and crying some more. It was truly one of the happiest moments of my life. She is the most prepared person ever. Her extended family are active members and she has a great support system. She studies the Book of Mormon every day and asks us questions, she is almost done with Personal Progress, and she reads the Seminary at home manual even though she isn't even enrolled in Seminary. She is beyond excited to finally be baptized and I am so so so thankful I will be here for it. 



Sad that Sister Cornaby is being transferred.

I love you all and I know with all my heart that this church is true. I have truly seen the gospel change lives! I wish I had time to write more but I love you all so much. Thank you for the nice emails and support! 

Love, 
Sister Giles 




No comments:

Post a Comment