Monday, January 25, 2016

3 months in Pakil!

This week was amazing! First- A was baptized!! It truly is a miracle and I am so thankful I was able to be here for it. It was one of the happiest, sweetest moments of my whole life. This is what it's all about. Seeing an investigator who you have cried with and prayed for and taught enter the waters of baptism is such a special feeling. And A's parents came to the baptism which was a huge miracle because they said they wouldn't come and they are really opposed to the church. But they came and brought a ton of food for a little party after! I have so much hope for their family. 


 
The same day as the baptism we had interviews with President Mangum. He is truly an inspired and amazing person. I love him and Sister Mangum so much! They both gave me advice and counsel that I really needed to hear. But wait it gets better. I also received a ton of Christmas cards and package the same day! AND the same day was my 3 month mark of being in Pakil! What an amazing, life-changing, difficult, HAPPY 3 months! 

My Tagalog has been improving a lot now that I have a Filipina companion and live with all Filipinas. I am talking a lot more in lessons and my confidence in speaking is growing a lot. Sister Raneses is like an energizer bunny haha I love her so much. We work, work, work and laugh and talk and sing. Missionary work is so fun with her. I am really lucky and learning a lot from her. 

Things in Pakil are really looking up. We have like 4-5 investigators attending church every week now and a couple less actives that are coming back! Just an overview of our friends right now so you can all pray for them :) R- an 18 year old who is so sharp and interested in the gospel. He asks great questions and will make a great missionary someday. Hopefully being baptized in Feb! C- Very religious nanay (mom) who is really interested in the Book of Mormon. We have the best lessons with her, she is a true investigator. She studies and researches, I love it. C- a 14 yr old who is so funny and has a strong testimony. She is really helping her less active family come back to church. We taught her the Word of Wisdom and she turned to her Grandpa in the middle of the lesson and said "Lolo are you listening to them? Stop smoking!" Haha. Alma- sweet, sweet young mom. She walks to church every Sunday with her 2 year old son and has the strongest desire to be baptized. 

My favorite part of being a missionary is teaching people about Jesus Christ and how through baptism, repentance, and taking the sacrament each week, they can become new and clean!! I know the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real and it can change lives. I love my Savior and I am thankful for the cleansing and strengthening power of the Atonement every single day. I love you all so much and I hope you have a great week!

Love, 
Sister Giles


No comments:

Post a Comment