Monday, January 18, 2016

Bago Kasama!

Hello friends and family! 

If I'm being honest, this was a hard week. But still a happy week. I have a new kasama (companion)! Her name is Sister Raneses. I love her so much! She is a Filipina and is fun, hardworking, obedient and so good at helping me with Tagalog- what more can I ask for?! I have already learned a lot from her. Getting a new companion is really hard though. My stress level has been really high as we have adjusted, but all is well! I am excited for the experiences ahead. I live with 3 Filipinos now, so hopefully my Tagalog will get really good and I won't get too fat from all the rice we eat haha. 




We have a baptism for a sweet Sister coming up on the 23rd! I am so so so excited. It's been so fun to watch her grow these past couple months. We also have a couple more baptisms coming up in the next couple months! I wish I had time to tell you all everything about our investigators because they are truly some of the best people I have ever met.



I've been studying a paper this week titled, "The Fourth Missionary" and I've learned so much about change! The author talks about how people are always changing, whether for good or bad. It's so important that we have a vision of who we want to become and make the decisions and changes that will lead us towards our goal! In D&C 64:33 it says, "Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great." This verse can apply to a lot of things but I know that WE can be that something "which is great"! I have loved making a vision of the kind of missionary I want to be. It motivates me to make good little decisions that will lead me to my big goal. For me, I know that the small choices like being exactly obedient, showing a little more love to my kasama, washing the dishes, or talking to one more person on the street, are changing me and pushing me to be something great! I challenge all of you to have a personal inventory with yourself and make a vision of the person you want to become then act! Make the decisions that will change you for the good and make you something great. 

I know that God loves us and knows our full potential. I know He has a plan for each and every one of us. I love you all so so much! And I love being a missionary in Pakil!!

Love, 

Sister Giles 


Which plate belongs to the American?

No comments:

Post a Comment