Monday, February 1, 2016

Happy February!

Happy Monday and Happy February!

Tomorrow marks my 5 months. Only 13 left! Ah! It's going by so fast. It's amazing how different I feel and how much I have learned since September 2nd when I entered the MTC. I had no idea how hard this would be or how HAPPY I would be!

This week was great! Today we had zone pday and went to Japanese Gardens and played games and had lunch. I still get so amazed by the beauty of the Philippines every day! I just look out the window of the jeepneys and feel the wind on my face and just want to yell thank you! I feel so lucky to be here in the Philippines. I know that missionary work here is soooo important right now. President Mangum told us at the last zone conference that the seventy shared with the mission presidents in the Philippines that we have the ideal situation right now for baptizing many, many people. And that the Philippines will play a vital role in the second coming. How amazing is that?! I know I am called here to serve in the San Pablo mission right now for a purpose. This work is so much bigger than we can even imagine.

Riding in a Jeepney

Japanese Gardens

 I still have funny experiences every day being an American here. Like one day this week a teenage girl saw me and literally started screaming "you are so beautiful!" and ran up to me and started feeling my skin and taking pictures of me hahaha it was a self confidence booster but a little bit creepy. I love Filipinos so much. They are all so nice to me.



One of our investigators is struggling this week. She is so awesome and has met with missionaries a lot before but she said this time she knows the church is true and wants to be baptized. But she and her asawa (boyfriend) are planning on getting married soon and he told her he wouldn't marry her if she becomes Mormon. They have the cutest little girl and so she is so conflicted about what to do. We are trying our best to help her but please pray for her that she will be able to know God's plan for her and her family. 

I love you all so much and want to remind you how much our Heavenly Father loves each and every one of you. I know that no matter what we have done, are doing, or will do, nothing will diminish the love of our Heavenly Father. We are all brothers and sisters and we need to treat each other like that! I am reading the Book of Mormon with a focus on charity and I have come to really know that without charity, we have nothing!! So love one another. Forgive each other! I know this church is true. I am so happy to be a part of this amazing work!! Have a great week!!

Love, 

Sister Giles 

No comments:

Post a Comment