Monday, February 13, 2017

Magiging Masaya!

Hello po!! 


Another great week! I have a new companion who I love sooo much! Sister Soriano from the very bottom of the Philippines. She was in Lipa zone a couple months ago and we actually got to go on exchanges. She is so loud and fun!! Also a great teacher and leader. It will be a great last cycle :) 

The V family was not baptized last weekend but no worries, all is set for this Saturday!! Pray for them :) Sister V said she has been praying to know for sure if this Saturday was right and she asked Heavenly Father to send her a butterfly to comfort her with their decision (haha it's a Philippines thing) Yesterday during Relief Society class, the Primary kids came in and gave their moms Valentine Day cards and little Angel V's card had a ton of hearts and one little butterfly :) Sister V started crying and said that she knows Heavenly Father answers prayers and this is the right step for her family. We are so excited for them!


I loved our RS class yesterday in church about optimism!! "I come..with a plea that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I'm suggesting that we accentuate the positive...we still our voices of insult and sarcasm, that we more generously compliment virtue and effort." -President Hinckley. Let's all be more optimistic about life!! We have the Gospel and Jesus Christ and the answers to our questions of the soul through the beautiful gift of the Book of Mormon!! Be happy and share light with others :) Love you all soooo much!!!

Love, 
Sister Giles 


This is how she ended her letter to me (along with a picture of a snake) "I still love every single day here. Never worry about me because I am happier than I have ever been!!!" FYI, she will be home on March 29th at 5:30 p.m.!

No comments:

Post a Comment