Monday, February 6, 2017

Biiinyag!!

It was a week with many mixed emotions! I said goodbye to my dear kasama, Sister Uba yesterday :( We have been companions for 5 months so it was not an easy goodbye but I know it was more of a "see you soon." 


But our BFF Brother W was baptized!!! Woohoo! It was a great service. Even though he had to be baptized 3 times because our Bishop made a mistake in the words and then he was confirmed 2 times because the words weren't right again. Brother W was smiling the whole time. He wants to serve a mission in a year! :) His girlfriend also wants to serve. Then hopefully, we will be seeing a temple marriage...:) I kind of have this problem of planning the whole lives of my recent converts haha I encourage them to go on dates and get married every time I see them. I'm hoping to see pictures of all of them in white again at the temple in a year! THAT is true missionary joy :) And the V family passed their interview and will be baptized this week!! Woohoooo! Completed family! 





One scripture I liked this week in Romans 8:28,"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." I know this scripture is true. I know that although trials are a big part of our purpose here on earth, if we truly LOVE God and OBEY Him, all things will work out! All is well!! All tears will eventually be replaced with tears of joy! I pray we can all follow the example of my dear Filipinos brothers and sisters and take trials on with a smile and a humble heart. I find comfort in knowing that we have a loving Heavenly Father who is trying to help us all grow and learn. Love Him and all will work out! :) 

Love, 
Sister Giles 

No comments:

Post a Comment