Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy 4th of July!

Hello and Happy 4th of July! I hope everybody has a fun day full of watermelon and hot dogs and fireworks! We had a fun p-day today and hiked to a really pretty waterfall. Then we ate at McDonald's and got Dairy Queen in the big SM mall! So we celebrated well.



This week was amazing! On Wednesday we had a district meeting and Sister Collins and I gave a workshop on finding people to teach. President and Sister Mangum attended (pressure! haha) but it was a really powerful meeting. And then we got to drive with them (in their air conditioned car) to San Pablo because the next day we had a meeting with the new missionaries and trainers. It was soo nice to spend time with them! The BEST mission president and mission mom ever. The meeting was great and Sister Collins and I are feeling even more motivated to work our HARDEST and become the missionaries God wants us to be. Shoutout to Sis Collins the best kasama (companion) ever! 


Funny moment this week. After nightly planning, I was doing some updating stuff and I look over at Sis Collins and she has a pair of scissors and is cutting off her hair hahaha. I was like uhh what! She's crazy. In the best way. 


Also another funny moment. This nanay in our ward (she loves the missionaries so much) grabbed my hand when we saw her and she started reading my palm. She told me I will live a long life and I will be rich but if I spend too much money I'll become really poor. And that I need to be ready to sacrifice everything I have to the Lord. Then she told me I will have 2 kids and I said what only 2! and she said well if you want to have another then you will have 3 kids but you shouldn't do that. hahaha She is the cutest old lady. 

We had a class for the members on Sunday night called "Preach My Gospel Class." We taught the members a little bit about how they can be missionaries and how they can help us with the work, it was awesome! Shoutout to Lucena Ward 2! The best, talaga. The work is on fire with the help of the members. 
Celebrating my birthday with the Bishop's family


Cool experience at church yesterday. We have an investigator, Sister C, who is just the sweetest woman in the whole world. She is in her 40's but she had a stroke so it is really hard for her to walk and she comes from humble circumstances. But her desire to learn about the gospel is HUGE and she has the sweetest spirit. She told us she really wanted to come to church but she was a little worried because she didn't have a skirt or any money but we told her just to do her best and taught her about the importance of church.  Then yesterday, halfway through sacrament meeting, she walked in with cotton shorts, a t-shirt, flip-flops and a huge smile on her face!! I literally jumped out of my chair when I saw her haha. She loved church and has a Baptismal Goal Date for July 30 so please pray for sweet sister C! She walked a really long way to church and she told us nothing will stop her from being there every Sunday. SO many miracles all the time. Being a missionary is the BEST!! I love you all so so much! Have a great week and remember how much God loves you! And don't let ANYTHING stop you from being at church every week and partaking of the Sacrament. There is nothing more important. :) 

Love, 
Sister Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment