Monday, July 18, 2016

Tunay na Kaligayahan!!

Helloooo po! Another great week in the Philippines! It's starting to really feel like rainy season and I love it! The wind is always blowing and walking through dirty puddles of water and mud is the norm. Go croc flats!! Haha I really do love this weather. Sister Collins is still my bff. I love training her! Sometimes I feel like she's training me, she's great. 


Sister Collins took out her braids!
Our investigators are doing so great! Nanay L just has my heart. She feels like my grandma here. We were teaching her the Word of Wisdom this week and when we were explaining that coffee is against the WOW. She was like, oh sisters don't worry, I used to love coffee but I know it's not allowed so I stopped when you started teaching me. She is so strong! She was like "I used to drink it 3 times a day and I really miss it but I know it's a commandment so I'll follow, even if it's hard." Don't you just love her faith?? She and Brother Ben are still working on the marriage paperwork, it's very time consuming and expensive..pray for them :) 

Thinking of my avocado loving Dad!
We found so many new investigators this week! One day we were talking to a lady on the side of the road and she got so excited. She told us she wanted us to teach her whole family and friends so she drove us on her trike to this beautifullll area and introduced us to like 16 of the nicest people I have ever met. We taught them all, it was so powerful! They all already had the biggest love for Jesus Christ. Life in the Philippines...the best.

I was reading in Jesus The Christ a lot this week and wow, it is so amazing! Everybody go read it. I was reading in chap 17 about the difference between pleasure and happiness. Everybody in the world is searching for happiness but sometimes it might seem like our happiness isn't true or lasting. But there is a way to have lasting happiness! Through the gospel of Jesus Christ!! I love what it says, "..mere pleasure is at best but fleeting; happiness is abiding" and "happiness leaves no bad after taste, it is followed by no depressing reaction; it calls for no repentance, brings no regret, entails no remorse." I encourage all of you to stop looking for pleasure..look for happiness. Look to our Savior and follow His example. Turn OUT and love and serve. Have faith, repent, and follow the commandments! I love you all so much! Thank you so much for all the support and prayers. Have a great week and search for tunay na kaligayahan! 

Love, 
Sister Giles 

No comments:

Post a Comment