Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Maligayang Bati!!

Helloooo everybody!

Thank you so much for all the birthday wishes. BEST BIRTHDAY EVER! I'm so sorry the internet is barely working here so this might be short but I love you all so much and all is well here in Lucena :) We had a fun district pday today and went to a really pretty beach. I never want to leave this place! 

Sister Collins bought me a Polaroid camera for my birthday, she is so sweet!



I love the beaches here (Croc tan line!)



Highlight of the week was our mission tour with Elder Haynie from the 70. He is amazing! I learned soo much and really had my mission vision made bigger and brighter! Lots of miracles in our work this week. Church was amazing-we had lots of investigators and 2 less active families come! We have lots of baptisms scheduled for August...woohoo! Heavenly Father is blessing me and my companion with some great investigators. 

Fun to see Sister Guancia

Sister Raneses! I miss her, she is truly one of my best friends.
One stand out lesson this week was with C, one of our 21 yr old investigators. He is really strong in the Catholic church, super smart and his mom is a convert of a couple years. His dad and little brother died a couple years ago but his sweet mom has done all their temple work so if we can get C  to accept the gospel, they will be the sweetest completed, eternal family. Before our 3rd lesson with him, he seemed a little hesitant and said he had a lot of questions and concerns after reading about the Restoration more and attending church. He said he wanted us to teach him first then he would lay it all down haha.  So I was a little nervous to be honest and just praying so hard for the Spirit. We taught the Plan of Salvation to him, focusing on agency, and at the end of the lesson we could tell the Spirit had really touched him and he told me we had answered all of his questions. We just love him so much and he is definitely seeking for truth and peace so please pray for C to continue to let the Holy Ghost into his heart and testify to him that the church is true and this is God's plan for him!

I love being an instrument in God's hands. I LOVE being a missionary! I feel so thankful to my Heavenly Father for these past 20 years full of blessings and the chance I have to help people come closer to their Savior here in this beautiful land that I love!! Everybody have a great week!!

Love, 
Sister Giles
Still miss swimming, but never want to leave here!

No comments:

Post a Comment