Monday, July 18, 2016

Lagi Aalalahanin Siya!


Magandang Hapon sa inyong lahat! What a great week being a missionary and representative of Jesus Christ in the Philippines! This place really has my heart. 


Yesterday was a great Sunday for the Lucena Ward 2! We had so many of our investigators and less-actives come to church...so many miracles here. When Sacrament Meeting first started I was feeling a little sad because only one of our investigators was there, but then when the opening hymn started they all just started rolling in and soon all the chairs were full! Seriously, all the chairs except for like 3. Woohooo! Heavenly Father has blessed us with the best people.


Nanay L, C and Ch are really progressing towards baptism in August and we have some others right behind them! Elder Haynie told us we need to have a vision of baptizing weekly here in the Philippines so that is our goal! We made a 4 month baptism chart and we are extending Baptismal Goal Dates and trying to find, find, find so the next missionaries in here will have baptisms lined up every week. Missionary work in the Philippines is just amazing! Sooo much potential. 

Then last night we were working and we were walking down the street after an appointment fell through and I thought to myself, "wow, I could really use a mango right now" and I'm not even kidding a mango fell from this big tree right in front of us hahaha! God is so aware. Never forget that. 
My Mango Blessing
Something on my mind lately has been the phrase "Always remember Him." That is one of our baptismal covenants and it has had so much more meaning for me lately! I read a really good talk by Elder Gong from conference and He teaches us that even when we forget Jesus Christ sometimes, He never forgets us. He quoted, "Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands." I know that Jesus Christ died for each and every one of us. Individually. He loves us perfectly and He will never forget us! There is nothing that we can do that will lessen His love for us. I love my Savior and I am so thankful His Atonement every day of my life. Don't forget Him! Don't forget how the Atonement can change you and bring a new light into your life! I love you all so, so much. I know with all my heart that this is the true church of Jesus Christ. I am excited for another week of hard work and miracles in this land that I love!! 

Love, 
Sister Giles 
Celebrating two birthdays after our district meeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment