Monday, June 20, 2016

Another Amazing Week

Helloooo everybody! 

Another amazing week. I think each week just gets better and better? First, I bet you all remember R, our recent convert from Pakil. Well, I got some great news that he is doing amazing and preparing to serve a mission!! Yay! He will be amazing. 


Teaching a primary lesson on Missionary Work
So this area is so so great and we have some amazing progressing investigators. Sister L, is the sweetest 59 year old who reminds me so much of my Grandma Nichols. Her husband is a member and she has such a strong desire to be baptized. She and her husband actually aren't married though sooo we have been planning a wedding and getting her ready for baptism! Haha it has been so fun. They can totally get married but Brother B is just being a little lazy so I have been pretty straight up with them because we have their wedding and her baptism scheduled in August. I feel like she is my real grandma! During one lesson, I was giving them a hard time about not being married and she turns to her husband and says in the funniest voice, "Fine. Will you marry me?" Haha please pray for them!! I love these people so much. We have so many other great investigators and the work is just rolling forward with the help of these great members! 
Future Elders!

The funniest group of kids ever!

Having fun with the mga bata! A sister gave us tons of this little grape things from a tree and we ate them fresh. Masarap!
So this week we have a mission tour with Elder Haynie from the 70, I am sooo excited! In preparation he is having us read some things and I want to share what I learned about prayer in the bible dictionary. SO GOOD, everybody go read it. It says there, "The object of prayer is not to change the will of God but to secure for ourselves and for others blessings that God is already willing to grant but that are made conditional on our asking for them." I love that. God wants to bless us so badly but He has asked that we pray to Him and ask in faith. I have been trying to improve my personal prayers and align my will with God's will and I have really noticed a difference! I feel like I am closer to my Heavenly Father and my companion and I continue to see so many miracles. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!! It is going to be a great week! And I am going to enjoy my last week being 19...20 here I come! 

Love, 
Sister Giles 
Americans at Zone Training-fun to talk in English

Zone Training
A laundry shop!! Huge blessing!!
They even gave us free hot chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment