Monday, May 16, 2016

Mga Himala Araw Araw

Helloooo everybody!

I hope you all had a great week. All is still well here in Tayabas with my bff Sister Aquino. 

This week was a week full of funny, weird experiences and lots of miracles. I'll share just a few. On Friday we were feeling a little sorry for ourselves after a lot of our lessons falling through and not much success in finding people to teach and then of course, it starts raining and we only have 1 broken umbrella. So we were walking to find someplace dry to rest and we see this nanay (older lady) just pull down her pants and go to the bathroom on the side of the road, haha! She just looked at us and started laughing and said "pasensya ate!" (patience, I'm old). Pretty normal thing to see here. 

Then another time this week we approached 2 people sitting on the side of the road and asked if we could share a short message with them. They were super nice and called their sister over who called over like 10 other people and all of a sudden there were literally like 50 people surrounding us. They were asking me questions and yelling "Americana, Americana!" So I just OYM'ed (Open Your Mouth) them all in my loudest Tagalog voice and invited them all to church and gave them all high fives. Its fun being white here! 

And miracle...J came to church!! He has been struggling a little bit this past week because he has some friends with anti-Mormon feelings and missionaries from other religions have been visiting him. He has just had so many questions.  On Thursday we had a great lesson with him and told him that the only way he would be able to know the church is true is by coming to church, reading the Book of Mormon and praying sincerely. And that is exactly what he is doing! Ah, I wish you all could meet him. He is probably the nicest person I've met in my life and he has such a pure heart. I love being a missionary!!! 

Also, A, a less active has been to church 4 Sundays in a row now!! She is great and has the cutest family. We love teaching her because she has a crazy family including the sassiest little 6 year old girl and then like 10 friends of her kids at her house all the time. They are such a close, accepting (loud) family. I love them. 

I love you all and hope you have a GREAT week full of sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ :) Don't be afraid to open your mouths and share what you know! You never know how an invitation to church or a Book of Mormon could change somebody's life. 

Love, 

Sister Giles 

Still gets me everyday how pretty this place is!! 
Inline image 2

Dropping our laundry off at a laundry shop- HUGE BLESSING! Handwashing is slow and hard so we are very thankful to only have to handwash a few of our clothes in this area. Sister Velasco and I switched outfits again and love to share clothes. I'll be sad when she leaves this month :( 

Inline image 1

No comments:

Post a Comment