Sunday, May 8, 2016

8 months and all is well, all is well!


Hello family and friends! 

Another week has come and gone...time is going by so fast! Shoutout to my amazing family. It was so fun skyping you this morning! Even if the connection was bad, at least I saw your beautiful faces :)

Sister Aquino took a picture of me during language study. A stressful hour but diligence + faith = miracles!
It was a great week!! Full of finding, again. But I wouldn't have it any other way! One miracle we saw this week happened yesterday after Sister Aquino and I finished a companionship fast. We were fasting and praying to find a prepared family here in Tayabas that has a real desire to learn about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and it happened! Last night at the end of a tiring afternoon of walking and teaching with not much success, we talked to this young couple with a little baby and shared a message with them about how the gospel blesses families. They were so receptive and said we were welcome to come back next week!! We are praying they have a real desire and can enter the waters of baptism as a family and eventually become an eternal family. I know praying and fasting with faith works!! I know Heavenly Father is aware of all of us and He wants to bless us.
Service for one of my favorite families
 



Life is still good here in Tayabas. I love this area! I also love the yema cake here. Tayabas is known for it's delicious yema cake sooo yeah I will probably gain weight but hey we are jogging every morning? Haha but I really love Filipino food! 


One of my favorite hymns on my mission is Come, Come Ye Saints. I love the lyrics, "Why should we think to earn a great reward, if we now shun the fight?" Whenever I feel stressed I sing it in my head or read the lyrics and I always feel the Spirit comfort me and tell me to keep going, keep being happy because all is well, all is well!! Keep pressing forward my fellow saints. I love you all so so much and hope you have a great week!

Love,
Sister Giles 



No comments:

Post a Comment