Sunday, March 13, 2016

Becoming Filipina

Hi family and friends! I hope everybody is having a happy March. It was a great week here in the Philippines! It's starting to get hotttt. But 19 Arizona summers have prepared me well for a summer in the Philippines! Life is still an adventure here everyday. I have moments sometimes when I think "woah, maybe I'm a Filipina now" I really do feel at home here. Like when I crave rice or drink from a fresh coconut in the middle of the bundok haha I love life here!! 


This week was a lot of walking and finding and sweating but I loved it. We are struggling a little bit to find investigators that are really interested. The people here are so nice and are so willing to listen but when 9 am on Sunday rolls around they are all really busy haha. But I know a lot of faith, prayers and powerful lessons will help our investigators have a desire to come to church. 

Sadly, R wasn't able to be baptized this week but no worries- we have a new date set in April. He is a great, great kid and I know at the right time he will be able to be baptized! 

One miracle this week is that we found a brother who has been inactive for many years and we were able to teach a really great lesson to him and his wife. Their 7 year old son passed away a couple months ago and they are carrying a lot of sadness and confusion. We were able to share about the Plan of Salvation and remind the brother that God has a plan for him and his family and that his son is safe and so, so happy right now. I know that Heavenly Father led us to their family. I know that the Plan of Salvation is soooo real and that our lives didn't start when we were born and they don't end when we die. I am so happy to be a missionary and to be able to share the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ with my favorite people in the whole world, Filipinos! 

I love you all! I love wearing this name tag and serving the people here. Life is so so good. Keep sharing the light of the gospel of Jesus Christ. And of course, pagdarasal, pagbabasa at pagsisimba. (Pray, read, go to church) Mahal kita!

Love, 
Sister Giles 



Planting rice. The rice workers work so hard! And soooo pretty here, seriously. I am so lucky to be in Pakil for so long. It's well known as one of the prettiest areas. I still look around and everyday and just think, Wow I love it here!


Zone p-day eating rice and BBQ with our hands! Totally normal here, haha, it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment