Monday, March 21, 2016

Happy Spring!

A picture of a cutout of one of our pamphlets that a guy put in his tricycle. He said he doesn't want us to teach him but he loves our pamphlets and the pictures of Jesus Christ haha sweet guy. I have hope someday he will read the pamphlets too :) 
Hello friends and family! Happy Easter week!! I love this time of year. I hope all you in AZ are soaking up the spring break weather. It's the start of Holy Week here in Pakil so there are lots of bands and decorations and all kinds of commotion! I know this will be an Easter I'll never forget. I feel so blessed to be a full-time representative of Jesus Christ and to have the chance to testify that He lives!! I love being surrounded by people who love Jesus Christ and are happy to talk about Him. 

It was a fun week this week!! We had exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders and I learned so much from Sister Sianava. She is from New Zealand and is half Tongan/Samoan. She's crazy and so much fun. Polynesians are the best.

I am officially the branch choir pianist! I had to brush up on my piano skills but I managed to get Nearer My God to Thee down pretty good. We have District Conference this Sunday and The Pakil Branch Choir will make its first debut. Also, those of you who know me well know that my singing abilities are close to zero and my confidence is singing is zero haha.  Brother Dino, the choir director, had me teach the alto and tenor parts of Nearer My God to Thee to the choir anddddd yeah it was rough but I managed to do it. I'm sure my family and the wardies are laughing picturing me doing that hahaha but we all had a good time. I am thankful my mother kept me in piano lessons for all those years and the wardies forced me to sing with them in sacrament meeting. Shoutout to the future missionaries: stay in piano lessons!! And listen to your mom and practice (Jack). 

Some Philippines Favorites: buko (coconut) salad and buko juice soooo masarap and the KIDS! I love the crazy bata of Pakil. We are known for giving stickers so whenever they see us they yell "Sisters!! Star!!" and follow us until I give them a sticker. They are wild but really lift my spirits. Tomorrow marks my official 1 year left! Crazy. Mabalis, talaga. 

Also, R is doing great! Thank you sooo much for the prayers. He was at church and we had some great lessons with him. He is so awesome and will make a great leader in the church here in the Philippines someday. 

I love you all so much and I hope you all have a great Easter. I am so thankful for our Savior, Jesus Christ. I am thankful for the perfect life He lived and the perfect example we have to follow. I'm thankful that He suffered for our sins and sorrows and completed everything the Father asked Him to do. I know the Atonement is real. I know we can be cleansed and strengthened everyday. I know He rose again on that beautiful Easter morning and we all will live again!! I am thankful to be sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ here in the Philippines! Remember Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love you all so, so much. Have a great Easter week! 

Love, 
Sister Giles


At a 1st birthday party for baby Gailee. Filipinos know how to party! 

No comments:

Post a Comment