Monday, February 22, 2016

4th Transfer in the Home I Love-Pakil!!

Hello friends and family!

It was a great week. I'm staying in Pakil with Sister Raneses this next transfer. I am so happy! And this transfer is 8 weeks because the MTC schedule is changing. So another 8 weeks in beautiful Pakil- yay! 



This week we celebrated Sister Raneses's 3rd birthday in the church! She was baptized 3 years ago on the 16th. Let me just brag about my kasama (companion) for a sec. She is sooo knowledgeable in the church and so so magaling (good) for only being a member for 3 years, and she is the only member in her immediate family. I learn so much from her when she shares what she's been studying in the Book of Mormon and Bible with me. It's amazing how so many Filipino missionaries are converts but they have a better knowledge of the scriptures than me! I am thankful to be surrounded by people of such great determination and faith! 


Celebrating with Sister Raneses











Yesterday I gave a talk in Sacrament Meeting about conversion. In Tagalog! Haha kind of scary but it went well. I am so thankful for the gift of tongues and the progress I've made these past 6 weeks in my Tagalog. I still have so much to learn but I am feeling more and more confident and comfortable every day.

The Pakil Branch is still doing great. Our attendance is so much higher and the leaders are really stepping up. We had a combined lesson yesterday about keeping the Sabbath Day Holy and they asked me what Sacrament meeting was like in my home ward and for suggestions on what to improve. I was able to encourage them to not eat snacks/meals during the Sacrament and to put their phones away and try to keep their kids quiet and busy haha. A lot of the same struggles the Northridge ward has hahaha! Honestly, I am thankful I was raised in a strong ward because now I can help build up the little (but powerful) Pakil Branch! Ah, I just love it here. 

Sadly, R's baptism had to be moved back to March 5 because he has been really busy lately and we still have to finish teaching some things and help him become more prepared. But he is sooo awesome and we have faith that everything will work out the way it should. But please pray for R to be able to push forward and stay strong! A lot of the less actives we have been visiting came to church yesterday too! Miracles and miracles every day!! 


With R, our investigator

I love you all so much!! Thank you for your prayers and support. Keep being examples of the believers wherever in the world you are! I know Jesus Christ is our Savior. I know because of Him, we can have joy!! Each and every day. Even through the hard times. Keep reading the Book of Mormon, saying meaningful prayers, and going to church. It's the little things. Love love love you all!!

Love, 
Sister Giles 



No comments:

Post a Comment