Monday, September 12, 2016

Rambutan and Reverence

Helloooo kumusta kayo?? So rambutan is a really good Filipino fruit and it's all cute and pink and spiky and one of my favorites lately! Fresh fruit all the time..the best! 
Delicious Rambutan!
We had a really good zone training these week and one of the things we talked about was reverence and the importance of showing respect for the Holy Ghost through our words and actions. I have really learned this week that reverence=revelation. I think sometimes we can get lazy through the normal missionary routine and forget to have respect for our Heavenly Father and the calling He has given us as missionaries! And all of you back home..remember to show personal reverence at church, in your scripture study, prayers, etc. I know your personal revelation will increase as you do so :) Ask yourselves..am I driving the Spirit away or inviting Him into my life to guide me, protect me and comfort me through my words and actions? I also heard this great quote at MLC I want to share with all of you, "You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of success is found in your daily routine." Think about it. And remember CHANGE is possible every single day through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
I don't think I will ever get over the beauty of this place!
My companion and I have focused a lot this week on teaching about repentance and the Atonement. I am just so, so thankful for this calling I have to share the beautiful message of the Atonement every day. I have truly come to know my Savior here in the Philippines. I love Him and I know He has sacrificed for all of our sins and weaknesses. I know through Him we can find JOY and a new life!! We have a great investigator, Sister E, who has been investigating the church for many months now and has truly been applying the Atonement in her life. She lives in a hard area where there are a lot of temptations, drugs and poverty. But she has the best attitude and she bore her testimony so strongly to us of her Savior, Jesus Christ. She said even though she can't change her circumstances right now, she can change HERSELF with the help of Jesus Christ. She is truly a light to the people in her neighborhood. I am truly inspired by these people every day. We are now teaching Sister E's son because his heart has been softened through many prayers and a great mother helping him and loving him :) I think my whole heart will stay here my whole life. Another great week and I'm excited for another great one ahead!! Mahal na mahal ko kayo!

Love, 
Sister Giles
Apartment hunting for the new senior couple
 

A really fun P-Day
 

Playing games

In this beautiful park/zoo


No comments:

Post a Comment