Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Goodbye Pakil and Hello Tayabas!


Hello friends and family!! So first I want to say THANK YOU for all of your love this past week as I've been sick. I was admitted to the hospital on Saturday until Tuesday so we are emailing today but all is well now! I feel so much better. The doctor thinks it was food poisoning so I was admitted for that and dehydration. No worries, it was clean and I was well taken care of (but still a cold bucket shower). We made friends with the doctors and nurses and of course, gave them all pass along cards and invited them to church :) My doctor was Filipino but spoke really good English and I was able to understand the nurses in Tagalog!

My energy is back and I'm ready to work! (Don't worry mom, I'll take it easy for a couple days). I'll be honest, my stomach hurt really bad in the hospital, but now I feel good. It was so good to eat normal food today because all I've been eating for over a week is bread, bananas and crackers. I lost a lot of weight so maybe that's a plus? haha Also shoutout to my companion, Sister Raneses, for being such a trooper the past couple days. She stayed at the hospital with me for four days. I love that crazy sister. Friends forever!!

Sadly, I have to say goodbye to Pakil tomorrow morning :( But I am excited for a new area and new experiences! My new area is Tayabas and my companion is Sister Aquino. Another Filipina- yay! I will really miss Pakil, it feels like my second home. But I know I'll be back someday!

I'll email again on Monday but I just want to share a quick testimony of the power of prayer. I have been praying a lot in the hospital and I know my family and friends have been praying too and I have definitely felt strength from those prayers. I KNOW Heavenly Father is there and he hears and answers prayers. I know that even when we feel alone and scared, we always have Him watching over us. I love you all so, so much! Keep praying and stay healthy and happy! 


Love, 
Sister Giles 

No comments:

Post a Comment