Saturday, March 18, 2017

This is it!

Well, I guess the time has come..honestly I don't really have the words to describe how I'm feeling about going home in 1 week. Ah! I am so excited to see my dear mother and father in 1 short week!! You will LOVE the Philippines :)) 

I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to all of you for your support and prayers. I LOVE this work, the power and authority I have been able to carry and these amazing, humble, soft-hearted Filipinos. A quote by Elder Holland describes my feelings about my mission pretty well, "Everything I hold dear, everything I cherish in one way or another, I owe to the experience that converged from my childhood, my lovely parents, and my good home. Converged and passed into my soul on a mission." 

My heart is just so full of gratitude to my Heavenly Father who loved me enough to send me to the Philippines, cut me down, then rebuild me into the person He needs me to be. I will forever cherish the 18 months I've had to serve my Savior. I am thankful for my family and the Gospel of Jesus Christ that holds us together.

I now understand more fully the meaning of the word sacrifice. And it is so sweet to me! I also now understand more fully that we will never find joy through worldly or temporal things. True joy comes from following the example of our Savior, Jesus Christ. He has laid a perfect path for us to follow. I have come to know my Savior here in the Philippines. This island will always be sacred ground for me! I know this church is true!! I know we have a living prophet and apostles and they receive revelation that we need to follow. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. It is my strength and my guide every single day. Read it and you will feel its power! 

I am so sad to leave but I know that it is all onward and upward from here!! This is going to be the best week ever :) I will cherish every day I have to wear this name tag and preach the beautiful restored gospel of Jesus Christ!! We will finish it off with a baptism of Brother Vernond and then mom and dad will get to see my bff Sister Claire be baptized next week! Woohoo! Mahal na mahal ko kayoooo!! :)

Love, for the last time, 

Sister Giles 

Abby will arrive on March 29th at 5:30 p.m. in Terminal 4 at Sky Harbor. Her Homecoming talk will be on Easter Sunday, April 16th at 11:00 a.m. at the Old Gilbert Building, 2424 N. Old Gilbert Road, Mesa. Thank you for sharing this journey with us and for all the prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment