Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Week 6! Last Week in the MTC!

Hello everybody! I can't believe I only have a couple days left at the MTC. It went by so fast! I have learned so much and I'm really going to miss it. But I am so excited to get to the PHILIPPINES!!! Masigla! 

So first, General Conference was amazing! I loved the theme of womanhood. I am thankful for my grandma, mom, sisters and so many others that have been an examples of strong, converted, covenant-keeping women! Girl power. Holland's talk on mothers was also amazing. I was crying the whole time thinking of my mom. She really is the best. I could go on and on about what I learned but sweet President Monson said it best! Faith and doubt cannot exist together, purity will bring us peace of mind, Jesus Christ is the light of the world, and let your light shine! Be a good example!! 

Vocal Point came to the MTC on Sunday night and I loved it! They shared thoughts from their missions and sang. Everybody look up Nearer My God to Thee by BYU Vocal Point. So so good. And then Sister Burton, the Relief Society General President, and her husband spoke to us Tuesday night. We seriously lucked out this week. 


I will keep this email short because my one next week will be much more exciting. But I want to challenge all of you to do something this week to strengthen your prayers. If you've never prayed before or haven't in a long time-start today!! I know God is there and He wants you to talk to him. Or if you pray all the time, start praying with your spouse or roommates or friends or family. Sister Owen and I say companion prayers every night and morning and I love it so much. I KNOW God listens to our prayers and it's so important that we go to Him when we are going through something hard or have questions. James 1:5 "Kung nakukulang ng karanungan ang sinoman sa inyo, ay humingi sa Diyos, na nabibigay ng sagana sa lahat at hindi nanunumbat; at itoy ibibigay sa kaniya." One scripture memorized! 

I love being a missionary. I love doing hard things because I know they are making me stronger and helping me become the person God needs me to be. I love you all so, so much!! Have a GREAT week!

Lots of love,
Sister Giles


No comments:

Post a Comment