Monday, September 14, 2015

Week 2!

Things are great here at the MTC!! I am learning so much everyday. I am also so tired. All the time. This schedule is intense but I love being so busy! I wish I had exciting things to tell you but the MTC is like the same thing everyday. I promise my emails will be more exciting in the Philippines! So, I have been humbled multiple times this week. Right when I think I am getting the language or think I have everything figured out I am quickly reminded that I am soooo weak without Jesus Christ. I know that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, but I have to keep him at the center of my life! 

I am struggling with Tagalog, but I know I will get it. I am definitely the worst in my district at pronunciation. But I'm determined to be the hardest worker! One day in class we were reading from the Tagalog Book of Mormon out loud and I was the last one to read. Everybody had an amazing accent and could roll their r's perfect and they were talking fast so I was freaking out. When it was my turn I did badddddd. I was stumbling over every word and just couldn't spit it out. I got so frustrated with myself and started to cry. It was embarrassing but I pulled myself together and finished the verse. But it was a sweet experience because my teacher and district were so supportive and patient with me! I hate feeling like the worst one but I know that my weaknesses can become my strengths though Jesus Christ and his Atonement. I know that with enough faith and hard work, God will perform miracles for me and I will get this language! I know that you all can do hard things!!

The MTC is amazing. I love being surrounded by so many amazing Elders and Sisters! This really is a magical place. I am giving a lesson tomorrow in church on enduring to the end. I don't have a lot of time to email about it but I encourage all of you to go study the scriptures and read the talk by Elder Kevin W Pearson titled "Stay by the Tree." It's great!! 

I never realized how amazing the scriptures were until I got here. Study them every day!!!! They will change your life, I promise. Here's a pic of me and Sister Owens and our first investigator who is now one of our teachers! She's sooo awesome. And I promise I wear my hair down and get ready a couple times a week..haha sorry mom. 

Love, 
Sister Giles 

No comments:

Post a Comment